Top U.S. Seafood Companies Lead Market Growth: Key Players Shaping America’s Billion-Dollar Industry in 2024
The largest seafood companies in the United States, as of 2024, include a range of well-known firms. These companies vary in their specialties and the types of seafood they supply.
Here is a list of some of the major players in the U.S. seafood industry:
- Admiralty Island Fisheries Inc.: This company is one of the significant contributors to the North America seafood market.
- Beaver Street Fisheries: A key player in the seafood industry, Beaver Street Fisheries is known for its diverse product offerings.
- High Liner Foods Inc.: This company is a major operator in the U.S. seafood market, known for its processed seafood products.
- Inland Seafood Inc.: Another significant name in the industry, focusing on various seafood products.
- Mowi ASA: A globally recognized seafood company with a strong presence in the U.S. market.
- Sysco Corporation: Known primarily as a food distribution giant, Sysco also has a significant stake in the seafood industry.
- Thai Union Group PCL: A major global seafood company that also has a substantial presence in the U.S. market.
- Trident Seafood Corporation: One of the largest seafood companies in the U.S., known for its wide range of seafood products.
- Pacific Seafood Group: A leading firm in the seafood industry, particularly strong on the West Coast.
- Red Chamber: Another significant player in the industry, although details about their specific seafood offerings are less publicized.
These companies represent a significant portion of the seafood market in the United States, each contributing to the industry’s growth and diversification. They are involved in various aspects of the seafood supply chain, including processing, distribution, and retail.
The main association for the seafood industry in the United States is the National Fisheries Institute (NFI). NFI focuses on a range of issues pertinent to the industry, including trade, ethical business practices, seafood safety, nutrition, education, and sustainability. The organization plays a critical role in supporting its member companies in the global marketplace, ensuring that they adhere to responsible practices and policies. Furthermore, NFI works to provide accurate and science-based information about seafood to the media, consumers, and regulators, thus promoting healthy eating, sustainable fishing, and responsible aquaculture.