“Discover the World’s Largest Fish Processing Companies: Nissui, Thai Union, Maruha Nichiro, Dongwon Industries, and Mowi ASA. Explore the global seafood market dominance of these industry leaders specializing in frozen, canned, and fresh seafood products, and their extensive reach across developed and developing markets.”
The world’s largest fish processing companies include:
- Nippon Suisan Kaisha, Ltd. (Nissui) – Headquartered in Tokyo, Japan, Nissui is one of the largest seafood companies in the world. The company specializes in the production and distribution of frozen and canned seafood products, as well as feed for fish farms. Nissui also has a strong presence in the global fish oil and fish meal market.
- Thai Union Group – Headquartered in Bangkok, Thailand, Thai Union is one of the largest producers of canned tuna in the world. The company also produces and sells a wide range of other seafood products, including shrimp, salmon, and crab. Thai Union has a global presence and operates in more than 90 countries.
- Maruha Nichiro Holdings, Inc. – Headquartered in Tokyo, Japan, Maruha Nichiro is a leading seafood company that specializes in the production and distribution of frozen and canned seafood products, as well as feed for fish farms. The company is also involved in the research and development of new seafood products.
- Dongwon Industries Co., Ltd. – Headquartered in Seoul, South Korea, Dongwon Industries is a major producer of canned tuna, as well as other seafood products such as mackerel, sardines, and squid. The company has a global presence, with operations in Asia, Europe, and the Americas.
- Mowi ASA – Headquartered in Bergen, Norway, Mowi is one of the largest salmon farming companies in the world. The company produces and sells fresh, frozen, and smoked salmon, as well as other seafood products such as trout and sea bass. Mowi has a global presence and operates in more than 20 countries.
Overall, these companies are major players in the global seafood market, with a strong presence in both developed and developing markets. They have a wide range of products and a strong focus on research and development to improve their products and meet the demands of the market.