The impact of the U.S.-Mexico-Canada Agreement (USMCA) on Canada’s supply-driven sector will result in government compensation of more than C$4.8 billion (C$3.6 billion) to milk, poultry and egg producers and processors to be allocated over the next few years.
The funds will be used for various programs designed to strengthen business units and help processors invest in new technologies and initiatives and allocated as follows”
- The Dairy Direct Payment Program
- The Poultry and Egg On-Farm Investment Program
- A $300 million program to add value to solids-non-fat, a by-product of milk processing
- Incremental direct payments to dairy farms
- The Supply Management Processing Investment Fund
Read: International Protein Trade Newsletter